On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a wonderful day at this year’s Calne Christmas Festival of Lights sponsored by 1st Choice Stairlifts! Held on Saturday December 1st from 12noon to 6pm there will be plenty for all the family to enjoy, so make sure you wrap up warm and make the most of the festivities!
Why not come along and watch the stunning red and gold stilt walking Christmas Belles, chuckle with the runaway Christmas tree fairy as she campaigns to have Christmas twice a year, to save her from her fate of being shut away for 50 weeks a year.
Local traders will line the town centre and the Town Hall, so there’s plenty to browse and sample including Christmas gifts, sweet treats and even a Christmas tipple...or two.
Check out just some of the things going on throughout the town, during our 12 Days of Christmas themed Festival and Lantern Parade!
- Stalls throughout the town centre
- Entertainment acts throughout the day
- Reindeer Petting
- Craft Market in the Town Hall
- Santa’s Grotto from 28th November Sponsored by Chilvester Financial and The Hills Group
- Funfair from Jenning’s
- Live radio broadcasts from BBC Wiltshire and Eartunes Main Stage sponsored by Goughs Solicitors
- Calne Springs Forward Market
- Christmas Choir Event in the Town Hall
- Lantern Parade (leaving Bremhill View at 4:30pm)
- Finishing with a fireworks finale!*
Much more to be revealed soon, watch this space!...
We must say a huge thank you to all the companies and groups who are supporting this year's event, from sponsoring to helping set the event up!
1st Choice Stairlifts - Headline Sponsors
Chilvester Financial & The Hills Group - Santa's Grotto Sponsors
Goughs Solicitors - Main Stage Sponsor
Supported By: BBC Wiltshire, Bowood Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort, JJ&S Transport, Calne Lions, Eartunes Radio and Haines Construction!
*Firework display dependent on weather conditions.