Minutes of previous meetings can be downloaded and agenda's for most recent and forthcoming meetings will appear here.
Cllr Glenis Ansell – Town Mayor (Ex officio)
Cllr Robert Merrick – Deputy Town Mayor (Ex officio)
Cllr John Bennett
Cllr Declan Boore
Cllr Heather Canfer
Cllr David Conway
Cllr Rich Jones
Cllr Howard Marshall
Cllr Mark Mewett
Cllr Ian Thorn
5th December 2018
As a member of the AMENITIES COMMITTEE you are summoned to a meeting of the AMENITIES COMMITTEE on Monday 10th December 2018 at 6.30pm in the Large Hall of the Town Hall, Calne.
The Press and Public are welcome to attend this meeting. Questions and statements will be taken from members of the public for 15 minutes at 6.30 pm, if required, prior to the start of the meeting, in accordance with the Town Council’s Standing Order No 3.
Mrs J Young
Director of Council Services
10th December 2018
A G E N D A
2. Declarations of Interest – To receive any Declarations of Interest in respect of items on this agenda as required by the Code of Conduct adopted by the Town Council on 2 July 2012. Members are reminded that, in accordance with Town Council’s Code of Conduct, they are required to declare any disclosable pecuniary interests or other registrable interests which have not already been declared in the Council's Register of Interests. Members may however, also decide, in the interests of clarity and transparency, to declare at this point in the meeting, any such disclosable pecuniary interests which they have already declared in the Register, as well as any other registrable or other interests.
[Click here for Minutes]
Minutes – To confirm, as a true record, the Minutes of the meeting of the Amenities Committee held on Monday 22nd October 2018. The attachments will form part of the main Minutes, however, will not be redistributed with this Agenda.
4. Notes of Working Groups / Outside Bodies
4.1 Sports Facilities Working Group – to note that a meeting is to be arranged.
4.2 Skate Park Working Group – to note the date of the next meeting on 10th December 2018. A verbal update will be provided.
4.2.1. Draft recommendation to be consider and approve.
Members are asked to RESOLVE to move forward with Phase Two of the Skate Park, and an agreement that Officer time be allocated to the project up to and including completion. An initial allocation of £500 to allow for Planning Permission to be sought taken from Earmarked Reserves and a meeting of the Skatepark Working Group be arranged.
5. Nature Trail Enhancement – Report of the Head of Operations attached.
[Click here for report]
It is asked that Members consider the contents of this report and RESOLVE:
To allocate the unspent £6007.03 sum of committed funding from Earmarked Reserves to further enhance the Nature Trail, to seek match-funding if it is available and to delegate to the Head of Operations to action.
6. Lease Renewal – Quemerford Lodge Plantation, owned by Bowood Estate
Report of the Head of Operations attached.
[Click here for report]
[Click here for map]
Members are asked to consider the contents of this report and to RESOLVE TO:
Renew the lease under the terms stated within the proposal by Bowood Estate for the area of Quemerford Lodge Plantation
Not renew the lease with Bowood Estate for the area of Quemerford Lodge Plantation
7. Budget and Reserves – to receive and note the budget and general reserves.
[Click here for Amenities Budget]
[Click here for Amenities Reserves]
8. Strategic Action Plan – to note the updated strategic action plan.
[Click here for Action Plan]
9. Confidential Session
In view of the nature of the business to be discussed, it is advisable in the public interest that the public and press be excluded, and they are instructed to withdraw.
Reason for confidential session:
To consider professional legal advice
Public to be excluded from the meeting to consider legal advice from solicitor
|Communications between the solicitor and client council is protected by legal privilege and is therefore confidential
10. Confidential Minutes – To confirm, as a true record, the Confidential Minutes of the meeting of the Amenities Committee held on Monday 22nd October 2018. The attachments will form part of the main Minutes, however, will not be redistributed with this agenda.